Performed by both professional actors and non-professionals from immigrant and refugee communities, “Arden/Everywhere” explores the hidden heart of “As You Like It,” revealing a story of displaced people living right now. It blends Shakespeare’s beloved text with soccer, music and the actors’ immigration stories to create an unforgettable and contemporary vision of humanity, resilience and love.
- Winter, 2015: Staged Reading Workshop, New Feet Productions
- Winter, 2016: “Rough Draft” Residency, The Drama League of NY
- Fall, 2016: Workshop for Immigrant Actors in partnership with Baruch Performing Arts Center
- Spring/Summer 2017: Movement workshop with Immigrant Actors, New Feet Productions at Holes in the Wall Collective Farm, Pennsylvania
- October, 2017: Full Production at Baruch Performing Arts Center
- March, 2018: TED talk, CUNY TEDx conference
We are committed to:
- Hospitality for a broad audience through affordable tickets, PR and marketing outreach, multi-lingual program notes and other sources of support for new audiences
- Related programming: performances of original material created by the company, panel discussions with experts, audience talk-backs
- Providing information and connections for audience members interested in pursuing support of refugees in their own community and internationally
- Partnerships with related organizations
- While “Arden/Everywhere” will began in New York, it will ultimately tour or replicate in other communities working to integrate refugees into their social fabric, both in the US and internationally.